Here to help
The Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act) and Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act) are complex pieces of legislation. I am here to guide businesses in dealing with the impact these Acts can have on business activities.
Types of Services offered
Previous areas I have provided advice on to businesses are:
- Likelihood of information being released under the legislation
- Contractual clauses regarding confidentiality when providing information to government
- Accuracy of the government decision and redaction of information; and
- Likelihood of success in appeals.
Need information for a project? Or a one off application lodged? The casual package will suit your need.
I will lodge and manage the application for you, ensuring you receive the information you need.
Lodge applications on a regular basis? I can do this for you!
My regular package offers discounted rates to clients who submit multiple applications a month. This package is commonly used by media, political parties and activist groups.
Do your clients often need to obtain information from the government but its not an aspect of your business? The outsource package will suit you.
Through this package your business could offer clients a unique service not available from any other company in Queensland.
There are three levels of appeal under the RTI Act:
This review is conducted internally within the relevant government agency
This review is conducted externally by the Office of the Information Commissioner
This appeal is conducted by the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal and can only be requested following a decision by the Information Commissioner on external review.
If your company engages with government entities, it’s important that your staff understand the requirements of the RTI Act and IP Act to ensure your commercial information is appropriately dealt with.
- General overview of the RTI Act and IP Act
- Types of information generally released under the legislation
- Discretionary powers of government agencies and Ministers; and
the different considerations government will take into account when deciding
- Whether to release your company’s information.